About Craftsmen Industries
Craftsmen Industries custom manufactures unique specialty trailers and vehicles and large format printed elements for experiential marketing and industrial solutions for brands across the industry spectrum including Boeing, PepsiCo, and Anheuser-Busch. We pride ourselves on creating our products fully in-house from initial design and engineering to fabrication and the finishing touches of graphics and paint.
Our Craftsmen team includes one subsidiary, Schantz Manufacturing. Schantz focuses on custom manufacturing of concession trailers for the fair and festival industry. Guided by our values, we BUILD by helping bring ideas to life in a dynamic and collaborative environment and we’re looking for talented individuals to grow with us!
What Do We Offer?
• Competitive compensation.
• Career development opportunities.
• Benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental and Vision.
• 401(k) Match and Much More!
Position Title: Engineering Manager
Location: St. Charles, MO
Working under the general direction of the VP of Commercial Development and Engineering, responsible for development and execution of mid to short-term plans resulting in process improvements in the Industrial Programs department. Operate as technical sales and estimating reference. Perform Department management and development of direct reports. Supervise projects handled through the department.
• Develop and implement mid to short-term strategies and tactical actions to support customer and business objectives.
• Oversees new employee onboarding, training, and development.
• Assists Sales and Estimating departments.
• Monitors designs for safety and warranty considerations.
• Development and execution of plans resulting in process improvements.
• Oversees the full scope of project timeliness and financials.
• Research and develop company product lines and opportunities.
• BS in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Preferred).
• 5+ years of project management experience.
• Proficient in all project management fundamentals.
• Good mechanical aptitude with knowledge and experience working with common hand tools and machine shop tools.
• Strong proficiency in design validation, simulation, wind safety, Solidworks.
• Proficiency in electrical design, schematics, troubleshooting, control systems, hydraulics, and plumbing.
• Ability to simultaneously organize, and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate ability to mentor, grow, and develop others.
• Proficient in all business segments.
Preferred Engineering Management Skills:
• Associate degree in drafting, engineering technologies or related field. Will consider non-degreed candidates.
• Experience in a job shop fabrication environment.
• Experience with electrical and hydraulic schematics.
• Remain in stationary position and position self to move.
• Ability to inspect using close vision, color vision, and focus.
• Ability to use hands to handle/feel.
Craftsmen Industries (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.